Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 1!

I wasn't sure if I was going to do one huge post after my mom left, or try to post everynight. I will have HAVE to post everynight ha. Today we got up early {okay Mikey and I had to get up a little early, my mom is normally up early. Frank was at work} and headed out to Cowles Mountain. We had origonally planned to go back to the area of Mission Trails we went to on Sunday, but decided to try Cowles. I felt so bad because I had told Mikey it would be an easy walk.. SOOO WRONG HA Cowles was all up hill with a few spots to rest. Oh yes it was also all rock!! We had a great time, the dogs all got dirty and we ended up with great pictures! I can't wait to hike the whole thing one day. Enjoy the emense amount of pictures...









After the hike we headed home to shower and clean up, then we went to Panera Bread {yum!} and Target. Then we headed out to Balboa to walk around and sightsee. Frank met us there once he got off work, which worked out good because we only had to wait about 20 minutes for him. I had a blast walking through the gardens.. we had fun acting like tourist :]















I know I know lots of pictures, but I have so many to share! After Balboa we went over to Horton Plaza to buy undies ha! It took my mom a little while to realize that it's an open air mall ha. We got a good laugh out of that.

For dinner I wanted to make my mom one of our favorite meals, which lucky for her it's a healthy meal. We made lettuce wraps with egg drop soup. It was a hit she really liked it! Yay ha.

4 comments:

The Voigts said...

Mike should have been on duty so I could come for dinner lol. And Oh my goodness, the pics are gorgeous!! I want to go there even more now lol. Did you notice what parts the dogs could go in?

Emily said...

You know I almost was going to invite you cause we had extra and I thought you'd like it.
So we didn't go to any museums since you have to pay for them, but other than that they could go anywhere in there :]

The Voigts said...

OH that's good! Maybe we can go walking there one day then.

Emily said...

I would love that, I love walking out there.