Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cherry Pie and Chocolate Chip cookies

I was cleaning up my memory card (getting ready for Vegas tomorrow!) and realized I never posted about the CHERRY-TOPPED LEMON CHEESECAKE PIE I made a few weeks ago. For some reason I was really wanting to make some kind of Cherry pie. It was good.. a little too lemony but that could have been because I used a little too much lemon juice. Mikey, Frank and everyone at Frank's command (well anyone who got some) loved it. So it was good :)



Tonight I decided to make the oatmeal cookies I attempted two weeks ago (they were the ones with the messed up recipe). Just before I was ready to put them on the pan I realized I forgot to add in the oatmeal. I had used chocolate chips instead of raisins so Frank told me I should just keep them as chocolate chip cookies instead of making them oatmeal. They turned out great!! Now I'm ready to walk them off for the next 3 days.

OATMEAL COOKIES (or chocolate chip cookies)
Ingredients

1 1/4 Cups Flour - Sifted
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup Butter - Softened
1/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar - Firmly Packed
1 Package Jell-O Pudding Vanilla
2 Eggs
3 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Rolled Oats (if making them oatmeal cookies)
1 Cup Raisins or Chocolate Chips (optional)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Directions
Mix flour with baking soda (my mom left out where you put in the oats, so I guess you could do that know). Combine Butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding mix in large mixer bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture; stir in chips and nuts. Batter will be stiff (if you use oats). Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. 


5 comments:

Carlee Ross said...

OMGOSH that pie looks so yummy!!!

Emily said...

What I loved about it, is that it wasn't just a PIE it was a CHEESECAKE PIE!! hehe dang now I'm craving some ha.

La Familia Workman said...

Oh God, those cookies soon delicious! The pudding mix sounds like it would add an interesting taste to them. I'll have to make them once I get off my diet, in about 4 months, lol.

La Familia Workman said...

I meant the cookies SOUND delicious. Damn phone....

Nishant said...

I really want to see the movie.
Domain registration india