Thursday, January 7, 2010

YOGA

Well folks I have now completed two days of Yoga! I give myself a pat on the back for that. The DVD I got has two "work outs" the first being a 30 minutes quick start. I'm going to continue with the beginners short session for the rest of the week, then add in the second one next week. EEEKK! I was surprised at how easy it was and how fast it went by. I can hear my mom saying something about "You've always been so flexible, of course it's easy for you.." There is one pose that makes me sciatica hurt just a little bit, but it isn't held for long so it's not too much of a problem. I also realized my tailbone still hurts when I have to roll over it. I was a little disappointed about that, but I've able to work with it still which is a HUGE plus. Something yoga needs to teach me is to slow down. I personally am more of a cardio person. I want to go go go get that heart rate up sweat everything out. So who knows, maybe I'll center myself ; ) ha.

This morning I invited Mikey over to yoga it up with me before our walk. We both agreed it was a nice way change things up. And now that Frank is taking the bike to work every day, I am able to make it out to 32nd street to hit one of the gyms a few days a week. YAY! I don't think I'll do that till next week since I'm trying to save as much money as possible for Vegas.

It's just amazing to me think I am FINALLY able to get back into working out, it has been long awaited. Many days laying in bed or the couch in endless amounts of pain just wishing I could go for a jog or lift a few weights. It seems unreal that it's finally happening again.. and not just a few times a month, but every day.

Now my next task is to get Frank to do some yoga with me... he could use it!

2 comments:

La Familia Workman said...

That's great! I'm sure you're happy to get a bit more of a work-out happening for you. Reading this reminded me that I need to start working out as I'm starting to eat right. I'm doing the low-carb thing. It's always been my favorite. Anyhow, I have a pilates DVD I bought while Troy was gone last year so I'll have to bring that out again and do it every morning.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Emily! I smiled the whole time reading this post. :) I'm glad that Yoga is working for you and helping you slow down. I've been adding in a few new things at the gym to spice things up, so I definitely know where you are there, but you're just getting back into it, so it'll all seem so new fresh and exciting to you! Congrats again!