Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Pesto is the Besto

I have finally found a pesto that both Frank and I like! Actually this is the first pesto I've made that was good period. Yay for that. Of course it was out of my first Costco cookbook, not sure how after 2 plus years I've never made this before. It would have gone GREAT with some crusty bread on the side, but I figured we'd go the healthy route and skip a lot of bread. Instead we buttered up a few pieces of sliced bread ;).



I hope this picture looks good on everyones screens since I didn't feel like doing any editing. I am loving the better quality in cameras.. it's nice :)

You can go HERE to check out the recipe. I left out the cherry tomatoes since I only wanted a few but the commissary only had them in containers, and there is no way I was eating that many. The olives go AMAZING with the pesto! I wasn't so sure it would at first, but boy was I wrong. I could have also used more basil.. I'll just have to remember for next time.

So any other amazing pesto recipes out there to share??!


3 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

That looks very yummy! I love cherry tomatoes. It is one of my favorite snacks! You should have bought the container. I am going to have to try this.

Nicole said...

that looks soo yummy!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I've never tried pesto, but I've really wanted to. I should try it, but I think I'm scared and have a mental block. Since I've never eaten it, period, I can't predict whether Ryan will even stomach it at all. I hate to make things like this for the risk factor.