Friday, September 3, 2010

When you can't sleep...

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.
 
Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen

There is no reason for this prayer, it just keeps sticking with me right now so I thought I'd share. There has been so many changes in our lives even in a few short months, that looking back at it makes me... happy. It's nothing huge it's all just little things here and there... but it's all things for the better, for us, for each other. It just makes me happy :)

I've missed you blogger world! I've been so busy lately that I haven't even had time to read up on other blogs, and that's what one of my favorite things to do. Let's see if I can catch y'all up here...

Friday was my moms, Frank's and a cousins birthday. My mom decided that next year we need to go home for his birthday so we can have a huge party for them all. I can only think of one trip home at a time! ha.
Frank wanted to go to Hooters for his birthday since he got free wings for it, and it's a place people from his work meet up at sometimes. It's not my first.. or last choice, but it's what he wanted. We had a good time, I got to see some people I do know and meet people whom I'm sure I'll forget. I also made Frank Ree's (Pioneer women) best sheet cake ever and took it to him at work. They were all happy about that since it's been a long time since I baked for them.

Saturday Haysel and the kids came down for a visit and we celebrated again at BJs. Yumm gotta love BJs! Sunday after church we went up north to Oceanside and and hung out with Ricky. Nothing special, we just needed to get out of town for the day and since Ricky is now in an apartment we wanted to visit him for a change.

For Frank's birthday I bought him some DVDs of Top Gear (I'm finding more and more people who love that show, and it makes me happy!!). I gave him his present early, which turned out to be a good thing. The DVDs didn't work on our standard US DVD players. We thought about returning them and finding something else, but then Frank decided to look around for an all region player. We found out that they don't sell them around here so we ordered one off Amazon. On the 20th of August it was suppose to be delivered. Nothing. FedEx told us it was delivered on Friday and left on the door step. Ummm... no. I was home at the time and no delivery truck was even in the parking lot. After a few phone calls and trying to figure stuff out we found out that they had out address wrong. They fixed the problem and said our package would be redelivered (by this time they said they had it again). Well it was never delivered for a second, and yet again they still had our address wrong. This time they had the wrong apartment number. Fedex said it was delivered to apartment #9, we're #49. Before Frank got a hold of the people in that unit he asked our apartment manager if they were good people and if they'd turn the package over to her to see who it belongs too. She said yes they are great people. Well Frank caught up with them and they said nothing was ever left for them. I know I shouldn't accuse without knowing the truth, but I half way don't believe them. FedEx admitted they messed up twice with the address, but they have no reason to lie about not delivering something. Right now we just hope and pray that everything works out for the best, and that if these people, or some else took the DVD player they realize what they did not only hurt someone but it completely wrong. We're still working on it, so I hope to have a good end to all of this SOON!

Let's see what else.. my camera is still broken :( BOO! So I've been taking lots on my phone still, but haven't uploaded them to my laptop to share. One day I'll get around to that. I ghettofied my laptop by breaking off the "D". I was trying to clean under it and didn't realize you shouldn't take it completely off. Opps. Guess this is just my laptop telling me "I'M OLD! GET A NEW ONE." I've had it almost 6 years. Insane these days ha.

Tonight I got to attend a small group (bible study) for the first time with Michelle. I've been wanting to go for a while now but wasn't sure which group to choose from since there are so many in our church. The group she has been going to is a women only 22-20 something (although Michelle and another lady are in there early 30's, yet neither of them look it!) that is not too far from us. It was a few ladies who were very welcoming and made me feel at home. I loved it, it was just what I was needing. I'll be missing the next two weeks but I told them not to forget about me :)

I definitely feel like life in going in a good direction right now. I have no idea what is in store for us even in a year, but I'm enjoying the ride right now. I have to remind myself not to take each day for granted, to soak in all that we have and all the good things we've been doing to better our lives now and for the future. We truly have been blessed <3



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this post emily! I love to hear when people's lives are going so well and everyone is happy! That's exciting about that bible study that you joined! I was looking for a church to go to for awhile, but my schedule at work is always so crazy that its hard to commit to anything! I miss you guys, and im totally jealous that tony got to see you on frank's
birthday! we'll have to figure out a time to get together and maybe meet at fiesta or something and catch up!!
-Ashley

New Girl on Post said...

that's so crummy about your DVD player. I hope those people didn't take it and if they did then they do the right thing and give it to you!