Friday, June 17, 2011

Hey hey hey...

... GOODBYE! To credit card debt that is!! We are officially free of credit cards and that pesky debt that goes with it. Man does it feel amazing. We still have two car loans left that have a hefty total together, but it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now that the credit cards are all paid off and closed out. I've been telling anyone who will listen that we our credit card free ha. I'm sure it's getting annoying by now.
I'm hoping to have the Explorer paid off by November, December at the latest. With Frank coming home for leave in August that puts a little detour in our journey to total debt freedom. It's a pretty good detour so I don't mind :] I did tell him though that we won't be spending much money if we can help it since our debt still is important while he's home. And to make things even better we have to pay for 3 plane tickets for him. His flight out of GTMO is free, however, he has to pay to get home from Jacksonville. I had him book his tickets since he knew the times he had to work with. Well he made a little snafu and had his returning flight get back to JAX an hour AFTER his flight back to GTMO. They only have one or two flights a week in/out of there so he CAN NOT miss it!

I tried calling the company he bought them through but it seems shady because I can never get through and my calls end out of nowhere. So now we will have to purchase a one way returning flight to JAX so he is able to catch his flight back to base and not get into trouble. Needless to say I will be taking care of all flight travels from here on out ha.

So that's our excitement right now!

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Congratulations! That is amazing news! So happy for you!