Friday, August 17, 2012

Juice cleanse update

Well I had told a few people that I would do an update at the end of our first day juicing. Day 3 and I am finally getting around to it.

On Tuesday Frank and I started on a week long juice cleanse. I'm hoping to continue with it up until we leave. But we'll see how much we end up spending in the first week!

We have been juicing in the mornings.. And really whenever we want a juice (or nights I don't want to cook so I just juice what we have instead) for 6 months now. So we are pretty comfortable with making up super nutritious juices. I won't say tasty because we have many fails ha. After watching 'fat, sick & nearly dead' a few months back Frank was all for doing a juice cleanse. I've been researching them for quite a while, but was really surprised to hear him say he wanted to do one. Being able to afford for us both to do it is what took the longest on figuring out. It is not cheap people!

Since I'm on my phone I can't decide where the picture goes. Just pretend it's above this paragraph.

Juice 1. Breakfast: head of lettuce, kale, cucumber, green apple (pretty much the only kind we use for juicing), kiwi, ginger, lemon, broccoli, carrot, spinach, celery, pear.

Juice 2. Snack: orange, kiwi, strawberry

Juice 3. Lunch: head of lettuce, rainbow swiss chard, cucumber, jicama, lime, ginger, beer (I'm keeping this typo because it's too funny! I obviously meant beet), apple, celery, carrot

Juice 4. Snack: carrot

Juice 5. Dinner: head of lettuce, lemon, spinach, kale, rainbow swiss chard, broccoli, celery, cucumber, pineapple, apple.

(I would like to add that I am drinking a "lemonade" Keri told me about. Half a cucumber peeled, lemon, 2 green apples. So good!!!)

Our first day went great. In fact the whole thing has gone great. The first night I did end up throwing up. That was a surprise to me since I was expecting it to effect me in another way. Keri and I were talking all night trying to figure out if I did something wrong or what. One thing we think went into it was the heat. It was pretty hot in our apartment. Also, when you do any cleanse your body needs to expel the waste. Well my body needed to do it faster than it would process ha. That was the only issue we had (frank had felt a little sick as well). We don't ever feel really hungry, or get headaches. The only thing that has hit us hard is being tired!! Holy cow. I think we've taken a nap every day and still gone to bed at a normal time since starting this. I hear day 4 is when you get your energy back. I sure hope so cause we have a busy 3 days coming up.

So 3 days in and feeling great!! Frank does miss chewing his food, and not going pee every 5 minutes ha.

No comments: