Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Catching up

I haven't been able to update this in a while because we have a virus on our computer. We've tried everything, but are going to have to take the computer in to get fixed by the pros... ugh. Anyways today I had nothing to do and was about to sit down to continue one of our many Friends marathons. I really didn't feel like sitting on my butt for half the day, so I got up the courage to take the dogs for a walk. We live on a busy road and I don't feel comfortable walking on it. Well, I realized that we can go for walks without having to walk on the busy road. There is a really nice neighborhood with very nice houses just above us, so we walk through there wishing of what we can have one day ha!
Now for the food ha I know some people are waiting for this part. Tonight for dinner I made myself spinach manicotti and grilled chicken with mustard-tarragon sauce. Frank loved it!! I tried the sauce and it was pretty good. In the sauce she calls for sugar, but I decided to leave it out I didn't think Frank needed sugar with his dinner. You can check out the recipe here... http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Chicken


I've been wanting to try a healthy cheesecake. I found a few recipes in the south beach diet cookbook. Well the other day I finally made the dessert.... and it's something that should stay unhealthy! It wasn't very good at all. I ended up just throwing the whole thing away. Sad times. Now I want to try making a good-unhealthy cheesecake. I have something saved for the week of Halloween =]
I found this recipe bow tie pasta with cherry tomatoes, capers and basil at cookinglight.com. I left out the cherry tomatoes since Frank doesn't like tomatoes and I don't care for cherry tomatoes, and I left out the capers since I didn't have any. This would have been really good if we left out the red pepper... or used just a dash, because it was hot!!! Neither of us could eat it. I really want to try it again since it had potential. It was also super easy and hardly any dirty dishes to make it, I like that part! You can check out the recipe here... http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=222291

MMMHHHHH this was good!! I love cooking for the seasons, and even though it's in the low 70's here I still wanted to make a chowder. I found this corn and potato chowder here... http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1142037. So good!!

3 comments:

Carlee Ross said...

Everything looks so yummy! besides the cake thing...And who doesn't like tomatoes! omg I have always been obsessed with them, ha. My mom always tells me this story of when I was about 4 she gave me a basket and asked me to go pick the tomatoes out of the garden and I came back with like 1 and tomato all over me and my face. She asked me what happened to all the tomatoes and I said I don't know, this was the only one...:-)

Haysel said...

i want everything!!! i just want to eat it off the screen haha!!

Emily said...

Carlee, I love that story!! That totally sounds like something a kid would do, saying they didn't do it with the evidence all over there face ha. I didn't start liking tomatoes until last year, but I still don't like the cherry tomatoes for some reason.
Haysel, are you sure you want it all?? ha i'm guessing that chicken is just calling your name ;} and that cake really wasn't any good ha. But I will make you a very un-healthy one ha