Monday, March 8, 2010

What a weekend!

Well our weekend started off on the wrong foot. Frank woke up Saturday morning to find that his motorcycle had been stolen. He called the cops and let the apartment assistant manager know as well. The manager isn't working this weekend so on Monday she'll go through the security tapes to see what she can find.

Many people have commented on how mellow we've with this. To us theirs nothing we can do. It happened, we just have to make sure everything else is taken care of and move on. Frank will get another bike at some point. We just don't know when that will be yet.

We also found out that a car was stolen from our complex that same night! Crazy stuff huh. This is very new to this area so the manager said she's asked for more security at night through here. This also doesn't mean we are going to rush out and move. This kind of stuff is unfortunately everywhere, much more so lately. Frank and I have both said we wont be moving until we can move into something with a garage or yard! Which means we'll be here in our apartment for quite some time :)

The day wasn't completely bad. We went to talk to AT&T to see what kind of plans they had since we've been looking around lately. They were the only provider that offers 550 minutes on a family plan! I was sold. We also got a good deal on unlimited text and Internet, much better than what we had with Tmobile. Frank chose the iPhone and I decided to go with a brand new phone that wasn't even out yet. The backflip. It wasn't coming out till today (Sunday) so we had to wait one more night. I was fine with that, I don't think Frank was.

That night we went and saw Valentine's Day since my mom had given us free tickets to Regal. Yay! We loved the movie, it was so sweet I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

We were told that we should be to the AT&T store around opening at 10 so I could get my phone cause I'm guessing they didn't have many to give out. I had the sales lady hold one for me though. We set the alarm for 9 and still didn't make it out of bed till 10. Fed the dogs quick then headed out to get our phones.

Within an hour of being home I realized I liked the iPhone much much more! For some reason I had this idea in my head that the iPhone was hard to use, had horrible smudge marks etc. How wrong was I! I had figured out the iPhone within minutes and had never figured out mine the whole 3 hours I had it. I do like the backflip I could recommend it to anyone who has AT&T and is looking for a new phone. The camera on it is AMAZING!! I've never seen a camera on a phone that good or zoom in that far. That was the one thing I wish the iPhone has. Oh well I know have an iPhone along with Frank.

6 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

How awful that the motorcycle was stolen! I really hope you guys can get that taken care of quickly, but it sounds like you are dealing with it ok.

Anonymous said...

Sucks about the bike, but you guys are dealing with it the right way! You'll live long with those calm attitudes! I'm stoked you have a phone now! I have felt so disconnected haha. How sad is that...what did people even do before phones? Weird to think about huh? :)

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Sorry about the bike! So impressed with you how you guys are dealing with it, though. I bet you're going to have an amazing marriage since you can keep calm and stick together when life throws unexpected things your way!

The Pink Chick said...

I am so sorry to hear about the motorcycle! How horrible!! I hope they find who stole it! On a good note, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your weekend. Enjoy your new iphone!

Kelsey Claire said...

I am sorry to hear about your bike! I hope they find it. I am jealous of your iphone. I want one SOOOOO bad!

Unknown said...

You are going to LOVE your iphone! Did you get the extended warranty? This weekend my lovely sister Nicole dumped her beverage on my iphone...and the home button stopped working! I was dying for the one day I was without my previous iphone..ha ha! I took it to the apple store the next day and luckily I had bought the extended warranty (the 1yr had just expired 30 days earlier). They gave me a brand spankin new phone! I didn't tell them about the water damage so I really lucked out because that is not supposed to be covered.
Anyways...long story but I really adore my iphone :) What a bummer about Frank's motorcycle. I admire your positive attitude :)
Happy early St Paddy's Day!