Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting to know me

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOMMIES OUT THERE <3


Well it's Sunday again, and I have yet to do a recap of my birthday trip to Vegas. I promise I will get around to that this week! It's on my to do list. Along with a million other things. Yikes. This is the week of playing catch up, no getting around it. I hope!?

I hope everyone had a great Mother's day. We HOPE to do something late for Frank's mom, but it's up in the air because it's between that or a weekend couples retreat with our church. We have until next Sunday to decide, lets see if we remember to talk about it this week! ha. (Don't worry i've already talked to my mom about what we'll be doing for her, but I've decided to wait till her birthday since it's in August.)




1. What has been your most memorable Mother's Day? (with your mom, as a mom, or with your wife)
I have such a horrible horrible memory at times :( The only thing that comes to mind is the birthday lunches I would share with my grandmother, mom and aunts since mine and my grandmas birthdays were only a few days apart. And only a week or so from mothers day.

2. Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and were you able to talk your way out of it?
Well..... ha. The first time I was pulled over I cried my way out of it, bad me I know but I was 17 and DID NOT want a ticket! Then at 18 I was pulled over again but for some reason I just didn't have the desire to get my way out of that one. Never knew why either.


3. What's the oldest thing you have hanging in your closet?
I have a Puma sweatshirt that some girl had left at our house sometime back around 2000, it had been hanging around the house for sometime so finally I just took it as my own. And I still have it, and wear it to this day.


4. Do you whiten your teeth?
I really hope my mom reads this post because I know she's going to have something good to say about this one! I used too in high school, I'm a little obsessed over my teeth. I finally came to the realization that they should not be any whiter, or I will start to scare young children. Trust me it is a battle with myself to NOT whiten them :)


5. Underwear or Panties..What do you call your "unmentionables"?
UNDERWEAR!! When I hear adults say Panties to each other it just gives me the creeps for some reason. I do like to have fun with the word sometimes and call them underpanties, underpants, underoos (Mikey that ones for you!) and to annoy each other Frank and I will call them Panties since we both hate that word.

6. If you could go on vacation right now..today..where would you go?
Anywhere with a beach where it's warm and quite.


7. Do you get offended when people cuss on their blogs?
No because it's my choice to read it. Blogging is my way of helping me stop swearing! It's working a little.. but I'm not perfect.


8. If you had to give up one luxury item, it would be....?
If you would have asked me this last year I wouldn't know what to say. In the last year I have given up gossip magazines and blogs (you really have no idea how much time they really waste!) except with the occasional look at People.com. Within the last month we have given up the 5 channels we watch on the converter box. And I went without a phone for 7 months, not by choice of course. But I have realized that we really can live with very little, we don't need lots of things to keep us on our butts for hours on end.
So I didn't really answer the question the way it was asked, but he like I said, I'm not perfect ; )


5 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

I liked reading more about you! And remind me to never say panties around you. ;)

La Familia Workman said...

WOW! I love this blog! I like reading the things you've given up...probably because I'm working on the same things. The cussing wasn't too bad for me but I've completely stopped that(Troy's a different story). THe gossip mags...I totally hear you on that. I was ADDICTED! But i've come to the "real"ization that they are not 'real' people. I've had some interesting conversations with friends in the business and trust me...they're all fake. I'm also disconnecting our cable next month...it makes us lazy. In fact, Troy is ready to sell the TV,XBOX, Surround sound and all. I'm happy about it because I'm kicking the habit completely. I only liked watching Army Wives or The Foodnetwork channel. It's nothing I can't let go. Since I've turned my life back over as being a Christian, I've decided that if I'm too addicted to something and can't give it up for God, then there's a problem with it. But that's me.

Anonymous said...

Fantasy :)

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you commit an error. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Anonymous said...

It is the amusing answer