Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Update part 1

I would have had this post up yesterday, but my laptop is going slow and stopping in the process of editing pictures :( It's driving me a little nuts so bare with me.

For now I'm just going to do a Vegas update.

This was the BEST birthday I have ever had! I wanted a relaxing weekend away and that's just what I got.
We left Sunday morning and got to Vegas in the afternoon. Since we were staying at the Stratosphere we wanted to go check out Freemont street. Word of advice, ONLY go there at night. We were extremely disappointed with it during the day. So instead we headed back to the hotel grabbed a late lunch and laid around for a bit before getting ready. Sunday was May 2. My birthday. The night we were seeing 'O'! We planned this whole trip around this show. Needless to say we were pretty excited.


Once we picked our tickets up at will call we headed over to Circo to get some dinner. The food at this place was so worth the Cha Ching! The service.. not so much. For being such a fancy place you'd think they would be more on top of things. I mean they never once asked how our food was or refill our tiny water glasses.

We almost missed the show because our food was taking so long to cook. We had to ask some random waiter for our check as soon as our food was served. Our waiter never came to check on us. We shoved (literally) our food down then ran across the slot machines to the theater. We made it with 5 minutes to spare. Whew!

If you have ever thought about seeing a cirque du soleil show, you must! My contacts were drying up because I don't think I blinked during the whole show. I want to see more now.


Monday was our lay in the sun day. Mm I want that now! Poor Frank couldn't take much of the sun because he's too white. Even with layers of sunscreen he still felt like he was burning. Poor guy.


After the pool we checked out the attractions the stratosphere has to offer. We didn't do any of them because it was more than we wanted to spend, but it was awesome to watch! They have a controlled free fall that's new and EVERYONE loves to watch, including us. Instead we headed out to check out this indoor skydiving place for Frank. He fell in love. He got to go twice, the second time for free since they forgot to record the first.. flight.. which we had paid for a DVD. Definitely recommend them. Now if only I could remember the name of the place.


After skydiving we went looking for a new place to us for dinner. We ended up at Plant Hollywood. It was pretty slow so that was nice. Our waitress was between Frank and I in age so we had a lot in common. I'm pretty sure her other customers hated her since we were talking just about the whole time. Whoops!

Tuesday it was time to pack up. Hey our car was still in one piece at this point! We left the car at the hotel then took the tram down to M&M World :) When we were there in January I had told Frank the next time we go back I want a water bottle from there. They're cute. We of course loaded up on M&M's.



One last thing I wanted to possibly see before leaving was the Dolphins at The Mirage. I saw them a few years back when I was in Vegas for a friends wedding. Frank had a good time, but I was LOVING it just like the first time. If you've never been to the secret gardens at The Mirage, you must. It was the perfect way to end a perfect birthday.

{Sorry for the poor quality in some of the pictures, I had to use my phone since Frank forgot to put the battery back in the camera}

I may have planned the whole trip, but Frank made sure everything was perfect for me. How lucky am I!? ha

Hopefully I'll be back in a few day's with another update. Let's just hope I'm able to edit the pictures faster and without my laptop crapping out on me.


6 comments:

La Familia Workman said...

Aw...looks like you guys had fun! Poor Troy can't be in the sun too long either cuz he turns into a crab. Color and all...lol You look so cute in all your pics!

Carlee Ross said...

I love your masks! Sounds like you guys had a good time, if I ever go to Vegas I'll remember your suggestions.

Mel said...

Al and I had an excellent time in Vegas too! And experienced equally terrible service at the restaurant we went to. Glad you had a great time anyway!

Kelsey Claire said...

Oh how fun! I am so jealous of the great time that it looked like you had! Can't wait to hear more!

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

That looks like the PERFECT birthday! How fun!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

M&M World??? SERIOUSLY?

Looks like fun!