Monday, August 6, 2012

8.7 miles

I got to check off one of the things I wanted to do before leaving San Diego. The girls and I walked up to Mt. Soledad! The walk itself was easy, I made the dogs pace themselves since I knew if we went at Ellie's pace we would have been tired by the second mile and it is 4 to the top. From where we started. If you don't know the area, this is not a hike.. no trail. It's a main road, residential area. So we were walking on the sidewalk.

It took us 2 hours to get to the top with an average pace of 2.2 miles. We stopped around 1 1/2-2 miles so the dogs could get water and rest for a bit.


Once we got to the top we hung out for a half hour enjoying the view and people watching. Even better it was tourist watching! ha


Pacific Ocean behind us, San Diego in front (for those who don't know). Its fun to look out and see where I live... you can't actually see cause it's on the other side of the hill, but it's in that direction :]

This was our elevation change...


Apparently the graph didn't go as high as we did ha.

No comments: