Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Date night

A couple weeks ago Frank and I went on a rare date night. To me date nights are extra special so we can't go to the same old Mexican restaurant. We get somewhat dressed up (well Frank does, I have no nice clothes so I look the same) and go somewhere nice... and preferably new to us. This time we went to The Fish Market in downtown. It's mostly a touristy place and I have wanted to take family there in the past but never got around to it. So we figured we'd try it for a date night instead before we left.

The reviews said that the wait can be horrible so we went prepared to wait for a long time. Frank dropped me off at the front while he went searching for cheap parking. I went in put our names on the list and less than 10 minutes later our table was ready! We even got lucky and got a window seat.


I ended up waiting at least 15 minutes for Frank to park the car. He had heard about parking at this little navy base that they have in downtown that holds logistics. Finding the gate and how to get back to the restaurant walking took a little while. Free parking=SCORE!


Baked crab and artichoke dip. So good! This is a time when I will have a little dairy.. so worth it.



Pretty sunset during dinner :] And a good end to a great date night!

1 comment:

Keri Ronk said...

I love date nights!