Saturday, December 13, 2014

Happy Japanaversary!

I have to start this post off with our 2 year Japanaversary! It also means we have a year left if we don't stay longer. It makes me sad because we have done almost none of the things we had hoped to do.. but it does make me feel better knowing we haven't done those things because for a year in a half of that time we did not have a day off together. And add in the fact that Frank has been gone a total of a year of it so far. So we're not at least sitting around being lazy!
 
Some of our first outings...


We have had a great two years and this next year will definitely be a big one!

Now onto the food! These turned out so great I just had to share :]

Not too sure why, but in the process of making my dinner list I decided to pull out my first Costco cookbook. Besides some scalloped potatoes I made with left over potatoes I had from Thanksgiving, I hadn't used this cookbook.. well in far too long. I also decided to try a few new recipes for once.

For Frank I made Peppered Chopped Steak. To make the patties it calls for cooked rice mixed in with the ground meat. Well, I forgot to make some so I just omitted it from the recipe and they still turned out great from what I'm told. Why I have never made him these before is beyond me! They were insanely easy to make and only took a few minutes. Since I get our meat out in town the serving size was much smaller and he had invited a friend over. They ended up making a pretty nice pairing with what I was making for myself.

 
For myself (and what would be a side dish for others) I made Asparagus, Bell Pepper and Basil Egg Tart. I changed things up with this one for a few different reasons. One, I was tired and didn't want to make the crust and two, I had a couple potatoes left over to use and I really love potato crusts :] So really this ended up being more of a quiche than a tart. Simple, yet amazing!


No comments: