Saturday, November 21, 2009

First Ride

Today we took our first motorcycle ride since moving to California! Boy it's been a long time since i've gone for more than a short ride, my buns and hamstrings aren't happy with me at the moment. It is pretty exciting finally having the bike registered cause there is lots of places we can go for rides too.. yippe :]
Tonight we out to Ramona and I guess Frank was planning on connecting to the 79 then to the 8 to bring us home, but we were too cold and didn't even make it to the 79. It was really weird cause we would go through warm areas then it would get chilly then warm then chilly.. haha then our of nowhere we hit this freezing cold section that made me scream out of shock ha. Once we got back towards Lakeside and Santee it started warming up... and staying that way. We were still shivering though.. for those of you up north don't hate were complaining about 65 degrees haha.

On our way back I told Frank to stop at Panara Bread so I could get a bowl of Clam Chowder... yummm. They only serve it on Friday's which I never seem to get there for, and since I was already planning on making soup and was cold it was perfect timing. I didn't realize how much I wanted the soup until I had finished off the soup and the sourdough bread bowl it came it. Woops.

I was going to take pictures on the ride today {and man they would have been good!} but I was busy enjoying the new scenery. So instead I thought i'd post a picture of Nicole getting ready for her first motorcycle ride...

Can you tell she was a little nervous!? They hadn't even moved yet and she was hanging onto him for dear life. I think Frank was nice and didn't take her too fast... I think ha. This was back in March/April when Nicole came to Virginia to visit us. Frank had just traded in his old bike for a bigger one and was always eager to take anyone out on it {for those of you who want to know it's a Honda CBR 1000} I don't think there are many of you who read this that care to know that though.

6 comments:

The Voigts said...

Oh that sounds nice! I can't wait until my dad brings his bike up to visit, I miss being on the back of those things! But I can say i've never been on something like that...I wonder if it's much different than my dad's type of motorcycle.

Emily said...

I've only been on the back of a street bike, but from what i've been told.. it's different!! ha I can't wait till we're older and get a cruising bike :] it will be much more comfy for when Frank wants to go out for long periods of time ha.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was a badass and rode motorcycles! But I'm not and I fell off of a dirtbike when I was like 12 and never had the urge to go ahead and get on one again. :) Sounds like you guys had fun, minus the absolutely FREEZING 65 degree weather...(right now it's 39 just so you know) ;)

La Familia Workman said...

Awww... I can't wait for us to get motorcycles! You guys have so much fun, I'm sure! Aren't you scared getting on the back of it though? I would never ride with Troy driving, that's for sure! lol

Emily said...

No it's not scary on the back ha. Frank has tried teaching me to ride it a few times back in Virginia ((it was his old bike so it was smaller)) on the top level of the parking garage at Macarther Mall! ha I decided that it wasn't for me and that i'm much happier on the back. I can enjoy the sights so much more, and I can take lots of pictures :} You should see how I sit on the back ha you'd think i'm crazy. I like to just hang out on the back, I don't sit the way Nicole was sitting in that picture.
Frank isn't "crazy" on the bike, but he does go fast. I think the fastest he's taken me was like 140 or 150. I can't remember.. it was all a blur ;] ha

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit...If I'd read how fast you went on that bike I'd have beat hell out of the both of you when I was down there visiting... why would you risk your lives by going so damn fast? What's wrong with 70-80? And these are questions from a woman who grew up around motorcycles! My heart is still in my throat and it's been 2 days since I read this comment. Please, Please don't do it again.
~ Mom