Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What a night!

After a 7 1/2 delay in Dallas due to a storm we finally made it to Seattle at 4:30 this morning! We had been hoping the storm would hold off long enough for us to take off but it didn't even really come close. Since it was a thunder/lighting storm they wouldn't wouldn't let anyone on the flight line to refuel the planes. As someone who has a husband who works on helicopters I completely understand the safety issue with that. I would never want frank out there working in lighting. So we were patient with the weather.
We also ended up having a good group of passengers who took it all in stride as well. And the ladies working the counter were amazing! It's like we all became friends over the night haha. Not much you can do about mother nature! They were super helpful with my mom and had a cot brought out for her to lay on which helped her a ton.

We had decided to wait it out unless they finally canceled the flight because the storm was going into today. Which meant all flights out today were booked and possibly going to be canceled as well. We did put our names down for a Wednesday flight just incase but thank the good Lord we did not have to use!

So my mom had upgraded to first class because I made her since I knew she would never survive the flight in coach. It was also her first time in first class! The wonderful flight attendants who made sure she was well taken care of (and that wasn't just because of being in first class, she just got EXTRA special care for that ha) asked if I wanted to move up to sit with her. Heck yes!! Ha this was my second free flight in first class :) love.

So we finally got in at 4:30, I got on a shuttle and went and got my moms car. Then we took this old lady home to Bellevue and finally got home to my parents at 7:30 :/ it was a hard drive!! After a shower (that I was afraid I was going to fall asleep during) and a 5 hour nap I feel amazing!

So that was our Monday ha. Sorry if this is all over the place, my mind is all over the place thinking about our days events!

Here are a few pictures from our night at the airport..

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Sleeping in the airport is never soothing. I stressed the one night we slept in an airport thinking I was going to wake up and all my luggage and personal belongings missing.